Work with Victorian Opera
Victorian Opera is one of the most exciting arts companies in Australia. We are committed to presenting creative and accessible opera for everyone, and evolving the art form in adventurous ways. We present rarely heard repertoire, operatic masterpieces and new Australian works, inspiring audiences with an imaginative approach to opera.
Assistant Company Manager
The Assistant Company Manager provides support to the Company Manager and the Artistic, Education and Production Department.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
Support for the Company Manager in:
- Drafting and distribution of casual contracts for Chorus, Technical staff and Orchestral musicians.
- Maintenance and filing of contracts and employment details for casual Artists, Chorus, Technical staff and Orchestral musicians.
- Monthly reconciliation of CEO, Technical and Wardrobe Debit Card purchases.
- Administration and supervision of the Chorus during rehearsals and performances.
- Administration of the General Auditions, and other ‘one-off’ auditions.
- Input and maintenance of Artistic, Education and Production Department database.
- Compiling of general statistics and data for the Annual Report.
- Administration of season calendars and the creation of the yearly diary.
Support for the Education Officer in:
- Management of Child Employment Permits and Child Safety Policies including Child Chaperoning duties where appropriate.
- Contacting schools to promote Education programs.
- Yearly administration of Youth Opera and VOYCE auditions.
- Assistance with supervision of VOYCE rehearsals and concert presentations.
- Assistance in scheduling of rehearsals, including weekly call sheets and multi-week rehearsal periods.
- Assistance with Orchestral Management for Victorian Opera contracted musicians.
- Assistance in the organisation of travel, accommodation and VISA’s for international artists.
- Support to the technical team including the organisation and cataloguing of various props, costumes and set elements.
- Support to the Wardrobe Department.
- Attend and support Victorian Opera events and performances as required, acting as a positive ambassador for the company.
- Assistance with in-house events and performances including ushering and assistance with Patron and Education Events.
Key skills and attributes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities in a busy work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound administrative and organisational skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- A high degree of proficiency with MS Office suite.
- A commitment and passion for supporting the arts.
- Experience in Company Management, Stage Management or Arts Administration.
- Database management experience, particularly Tessitura.
- Background in Music or Performing Arts.
For more information, download the position description.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents by Friday 2 August to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A current CV with 3 referees (no more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter outlining why you are the preferred candidate (no more than 2 pages)