Book more, save more
Choose Your Own (CYO) subscription package to suit your personal taste, style, budget and schedule.
- Buy any 2 shows (CYO 2) and save 10%
- Buy any 3–5 shows (CYO 3-5) and save 20%
- Buy any 6+ shows (CYO 6+) and save 30%
Savings are based on Single Ticket prices for 2020. Tickets must be purchased in a single transaction as a package.
Get the most out of your subscription
Subscription packages start at two shows, and you can choose any combination you like, but the more you book, the more you save.
Your exclusive subscriber benefits
- Priority Ticketing – Enjoy first access to dates and seating for all performances and secure the best seats for your favourite shows.
- Flexibility and Convenience – Have the exclusive advantage of exchanging tickets across the Season. Buy your tickets in advance – if your plans change, simply choose another date. You will not be charged for the exchange.
- Price Guaranteed – Subscription prices will not change, whereas Single Ticket prices may vary throughout the season.
- Family and Friends Discount – Share your love of opera and musical theatre with your friends and family. Purchase additional tickets to all shows with a 10% discount.
- Priority Access to 2021 Subscriptions – As a 2020 subscriber, you will get priority access to 2021 subscriptions.
- Save 15% on Victorian Opera 2020 Special Events – Valid for all events at Horti Hall, Hemstritch Studio.
- Pay in Instalments – Pay in two easy instalments, 50% at the time of booking and the balance in week beginning 13 January 2020.
- Dedicated Victorian Opera Subscription Line – Call 1300 822 849 and the dedicated staff at Arts Centre Melbourne will assist you with all your subscription needs throughout the Season.
Tuesday 3 September 2019 – Early-bird subscriptions period for 2019 subscribers.
Wednesday 18 September 2019 – 2020 subscriptions on sale for everyone.
Wednesday 9 October 2019 – Single Tickets on sale
Monday 16 March 2020 – Subscriptions close
How to subscribe
via Arts Centre Melbourne website
Call 1300 822 849 and a friendly staff member from the subscriptions team will help you.
- Using the Season 2020 brochure*, choose your performances, times, and dates on the booking form
- Choose the number of tickets you require for each performance.
- Indicate your seating preferences and access needs.
- Submit your subscription booking form by post to:
Victorian Opera Subscriptions
PO Box 7585,
St Kilda Road VIC 8004
*If you would like to request a Season 2020 brochure, please email us and one will be posted to you.
Purchasing A Subscription For More Than One Person
Please provide the contact details for each person while booking using the booking form, online or over the phone. Include relevant Concession Card numbers or dates of birth.
Choose opt-in for each subscriber if they would like to receive communications from us. Due to privacy legislation, the confirmation of booking will only be sent to the Primary Subscriber listed on the booking form.
Complete separate subscriptions and submit them together. Indicate the subscribers you wish to be seated with on your form (please ask the other subscribers to do the same). If booking online or over the phone, be sure to mention your wish to be seated with the other subscribers in your party.
Choose Your Own (CYO) Subscription Pricing - Save up to 30%
|The Who's Tommy||$111-$143||$90-$116||$69-$89||$35|
|Die Tote Stadt (The Dead City)||$111-$143||$90-$116||$67-$86||$35|
|The Friends of Salamanca||$45-$58||$38-$49||$35|
|Margaret Fulton: The Musical||$55-$71||$41-$53||$35|
|Yma Sumac: The Peruvian Songbird||$45-$58||$38-$49||$35|
Choose Your Own (CYO) Subscription pricing in Premium, A-Reserve and B-Reserve varies by show. Please refer to the individual show for specific pricing.
Subscription pricing applies to Full (Adult), Concession and 30 Years and Under ticket buyers. Savings are calculated on full-priced Single Ticket prices for 2020. Concession and 30 Years and Under subscription pricing does not apply to Premium seating. Concession subscription prices are available to Pension and Health Care Card holders, full-time Students, MEAA Members, Arts Centre Melbourne Arts Industry Card holders.
Tickets must be purchased in a single transaction as a package. A $8.95 Subscription Processing Fee applies per order. Please allow up to four weeks to have your subscription processed and to receive your tickets. Subscriptions close on Monday 16 March 2020.
If you have any issues booking your subscription online, please phone the Victorian Opera Subscription line on 1300 822 849. You can find information on our Privacy and Ticketing Policies here.