Season 2022 Subscription productions
Where and how can I buy my subscriptions?
In-Theatre Subscriptions are now closed.
For assistance with a current In-Theatre Subscriptions, including exchanges and adding tickets to your booking, phone 1800 822 849 (In-Theatre Subscriptions) or 03 9001 6412 (Digital Access).
Digital Access Subscriptions
Digital access allows you to view The Selfish Giant, Elektra, and A Christmas Carol online. You can purchase Digital Access directly from Victorian Opera online or by phone (03) 9001 6400, either as a subscription package (2+ performances) or as an individual performance. Each performance is streamed live on the performance date and available on-demand for an extended period. You can watch when you want and as many times as you want.
When can I buy my Single Tickets?
Arts Centre Melbourne - book online or by phone 1300 182 183.
Ticketmaster - book online
Victorian Opera - book Digital Access online or by phone (03) 9001 6400.
Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra - book online or my phone 1800 001 190.
- La Cenerentola (on sale mid-2022)
Do you need assistance with your ticket booking? For general ticketing queries, please email us on email@example.com
How can I get cheaper tickets?
At Victorian Opera, we put great emphasis on making our tickets affordable to as much of our community as possible. This means we start with an affordable full-price ticket and work from there to make sure there is a wide range of prices to suit every budget.
- Tickets for all performances start at $39 and the most expensive ticket in Season 2022 is $180.
- There is a dedicated 30 Years and Under ticket price on all performances of $30.
- Season 2022 subscriptions offer a discount on all performances. Buy two or more shows in a quarter and save 20%.
- Concession prices include Pension and Health Care Card holders, Full-time Students, and MEAA Members.
- Other Discount prices available: Senior card holders, 30 Years and Under, Arts Access Victorian and Child (12 years and under for select performances).
- Companion Card ticketing is available for all performances.
We occasionally offer special discounts, but this never guaranteed. If you want your choice of performance dates and seats, it is best to buy early to avoid disappointment.
To keep up to date on special offers, upcoming events and behind-the-scenes action, sign up to our eNews list.
Are there booking fees?
All ticket sellers include additional fees that vary depending on the ticketing outlet. These include but are not limited to transaction fees, postage fees, print-at-home ticket or other delivery fees. For specific additional fees, please see ticket seller websites.
Can I change the date of my tickets?
Yes, within the same performance run. Cost of the exchange ticket must be equal or more than the original ticket. Contact the original ticket seller of your ticket. Fees may apply.
Can I get a refund?
Contact the original ticket seller of your ticket. Conditions apply.
The safety of our audience and team is paramount. COVID-safe procedures will be adhered to for every performance. Our venue partner, Arts Centre Melbourne, has worked diligently to develop and update their COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan as circumstances change.
If you or a member of your household is unwell or displaying COVID-19 symptoms before a performance, please stay home. To exchange or refund your tickets due to feeling unwell, please contact our Ticketing team ticketing team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9001 6400 (Monday to Friday, 9:30 am – 4.30 pm).
What Accessibility options do you offer?
We have a wide range of initiatives and resources to provide an accessible experience for our whole audience, including Audio Description, an annual Relaxed Performance, and wheelchair and limited mobility seating. See our Accessibility page for more details.
Which shows are family-friendly?
Which shows will be livestreamed?
In Season 2022, we will be presenting three of our performances for online viewing as part of our Digital Access program:
- The Selfish Giant - Saturday 28 May, 1.00 pm
- Elektra - Wednesday 14 September, 7.30 pm
- A Christmas Carol - Saturday 17 December, 1.00 pm
See our Digital Access page for more information.
What language are shows performed in?
Victorian Opera will perform in a variety of languages in Season 2022. All performances feature English surtitles or scene descriptors.
- The Who’s Tommy – Sung in English
- Happy End - Sung in English
- The Selfish Giant - Sung in English
- Il Mago di Oz - Sung in Italian with English surtitles
- Elektra - Sung in German with English surtitles
- The Butterfly Lovers – Sung in English with English surtitles
- La Cenerentola - Sung in Italian with English surtitles
- A Christmas Carol - Sung in English